Graphic Designer for Licensed Fashion
Bring beloved characters from movies and cartoons to wardrobes around the world
as a designer for Erve Europe.
Erve Europe is a European leader in character licenses and brands. We produce branded fashion and apparel featuring TV, film, cartoon, and video game heroes. As part of Erve Group, we have six offices across three continents and we control the supply chain between raw materials and stores. Starting with our in-house design team and portfolio of licenses, we source, produce, pack, and transport collections at the request of major fashion retailers. With more than 34 years in the industry, our dynamic team values growth, transparency and customer focus. Our exceptional quality and sustainable practices have earned us a reputation for excellence.
Our head office and showroom are located in Zaventem near Brussels.
About the role
As part of our dynamic design team, you’ll be creating graphic prints that incorporate heroes from film, TV and cartoons like Star Wars, Marvel, Spider-Man, Pac-Man, Sonic, NASA, The Simpsons, Harry Potter, Friends, Paw Patrol and many more.
You’ll illustrate creative graphics for fashion-forward clothing and accessories for infants, children and adults, always aiming to exceed our buyers’ expectations. We’re looking for an energetic, trend-conscious designer with a strong knowledge of garment construction. Like us, you live and breathe print design, have an experimental nature and approach fabrics and embellishments like a kid in a candy store.
You’re also a cinephile and are excited by the opportunity to design prints that showcase iconic silver-screen characters. You are innovative and forward-thinking in your approach to print and graphic designs, while also communicating regularly with the client and incorporating feedback. This will be a rewarding role for a talented graphic designer looking to expand their portfolio.
- Take ownership of designing graphic prints for licensed apparel and accessories
- Elevate the aesthetic of Erve Europe’s licensed fashion lines
- Stay up to date on print trends
- Find creative and effective ways to translate imagery from television and movie heroes to textiles and apparel
- Liaise with clients to ensure the final product meets – or exceeds – expectations
- Experiment with techniques to illustrate artwork
- Collaborate closely with other members of the design and product development teams
- Take part in store visits and shopping trips for research on elevating our collections.
- Holds qualifications in graphic design or a similar creative field
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC on Apple
- Intuitive sense for prints, design and fashion
- Well-versed in the visual language of pop culture, TV and film
- Positive, outgoing and solution-oriented with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Sharp eye for detail
- A self-motivator who takes initiative
- An enthusiastic team player who inspires others
- Creative and forward-thinking
- Flourishes in a structured working environment
- Fluent in English (Dutch, French and/or German an advantage).
The successful candidate receives
- A varied and rewarding role in designing for international licenses and brands
- Opportunities for professional development, expanding on your creative skills
- Support from a friendly, tight-knit team of passionate designers
- Empowerment to lead your own projects as part of our unique ‘Level 8’ business model
- A collaborative working environment that acknowledges success
- A competitive salary, excellent working conditions and various benefits.
Please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Your fashion powerhouse of licenses and brands
Erve Europe is part of the Erve Group: a circle of companies including Erve Europe, Beconnected and Beconnected Industrial.
Beconnected is our global sourcing and trading division with offices in China, Bangladesh, India, Africa and Russia.
Beconnected Industrial is our state-of-the-art printing and label factory in Ethiopia.