Job | Full time / part time
Negotiate character licenses as a license contract manager for Erve Europe
Erve Europe is a European leader in character licenses and brands. We produce branded fashion and apparel featuring TV, film, cartoon and video game heroes. As part of Erve Group, we have six offices across three continents and we control the supply chain between raw materials and stores. Starting with our in-house design team and portfolio of licenses, we source, produce, pack and transport collections at the request of major fashion retailers. With more than 33 years in the industry, our dynamic team values growth, transparency and customer focus. Our exceptional quality and sustainable practices have earned us a reputation for excellence.
Our head office and showroom are located in Zaventem near Brussels.
About the role
Our business is built upon holding the licenses to some of the best-loved characters from film, TV and video games. Every garment we produce involves careful consideration of the intellectual property outlined in our license contracts. This requires a team of detail-oriented professionals who negotiate, coordinate and manage the contracts.
Our licensing expertise is one of the main reasons that we’re considered a reliable partner for the world’s biggest brands. As our company grows, we need to continue to negotiate, agree upon and execute licensing contracts in a way that reflects our search for excellence. We’re looking for an experienced contract administrator (license contract manager) who thrives in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities.
This is an opportunity to absorb all there is to know about character licenses. The license contract manager will prepare business plans and analyze contract proposals, zeroing in on all legal implications. You will provide support on legal matters and be responsible for all administration regarding contracts.
Negotiating contracts in collaboration with the license team is a central part of this role. You will develop a strong understanding of licensors’ needs and be able to align them with the company’s expectations as we design and produce collections. The license contract manager will also back up the approval team as they coordinate design and styling approvals with licensors.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role (business, law or a field involving contracts).
- Master’s degree in business or law
- Has a critical eye and a passion for effective administrative procedures
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills for reviewing contracts
- Approach negotiations in a friendly, personable manner
- Proactive, diligent and solution-oriented
- Manages time efficiently, thrives on a structured way of working
- Strong communication skills in English and Dutch
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
The successful candidate receives
- A varied and rewarding role in the international licensing sector
- Experience in the fashion and entertainment industries
- A chance to enhance your skills
- Opportunities for professional development, expanding on your industry expertise
- Support from regional and international counterparts
- Empowerment to lead your own projects as part of our unique ‘Level 8’ business model
- A collaborative working environment that acknowledges success
- A competitive salary, excellent working conditions and various benefits
Please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com
Your fashion powerhouse of licenses and brands
Erve Europe is part of the Erve Group: a circle of companies including Erve Europe, Beconnected and Beconnected Industrial.
Beconnected is our global sourcing and trading division with offices in China, Bangladesh, India, Africa and Russia.
Beconnected Industrial is our state-of-the-art printing and label factory in Ethiopia.